Club history in brief

Duffus Park Bowling Club can trace its origins back to 1945 when the Board of Management of Duffus Park received an offer from an anonymous donor to construct a bowling green within the park.

The donor was Mrs Gold, who gifted the money in memory of her brother, Mr J. C. Duffus, who had donated the park to the town and had been a Freeman of the Burgh.

greenIn November 1945, an offer for the construction of the green was accepted and work started the following year.
The club itself was formed in 1947 and the rest, as they say, is history!